Santam Car Insurance is the leading short-term insurer in South Africa with a market share higher than 22%. Their doors first opened for business on 1 May 1918 and they’ve accomplished a lot since then.
– In 1974 Santam became the first short-term insurer to give South Africans a single insurance policy (Multiplex policy) to cover all their assets under one umbrella.
– In 1990 Santam opens up in Namibia to look after all insurance activities there.
– In 1999 Santam obtains Guardian National Insurance for R1.58 billion which secured them a 25% of market share.
– In 2003 Santam established Santam International as part of their international diversification strategy.
– In 2005 the Financial Services Sector Council awarded Santam with the Pioneer Award for bringing affordable short-term insurance to the previously uninsured.
– In 2009 Santam received the following accolades: “Deloitte Best Company to Work For“, “Top business-to-business short-term insurer in the Markinor Top Brand survey” and “Winner in the short-term insurance industry category for two consecutive years in the Ask Afrika Orange Index Service Excellence Survey“.
– Between 2009 and 2012 the FIA voted Santam the Best Personal, Commercial and Corporate Insurer 4 years in a row.
– In 2013 Santam was rated South Africa’s top insurer in the 2013 South African Customer Satisfaction Index (SAcsi) survey.
– In 2014 the FIA awarded Santam with Corporate Short-term Insurer of the Year and Commercial Short-term Insurer of the Year.
– In 2016 the Top Employers Institute certifies Santam as one of the Top Employers in South Africa.
N.B. Your information is confidential, and will never be sold or rented to anyone. It is only used to provide you with the best possible insurance quote based on your personal criteria.
Santam Car Insurance Options
Comprehensive insurance covers accidental loss or damage to a vehicle. This includes third party liability. Comprehensive cover offers guaranteed value insurance which guarantees what you’ll be paid out if your car is stolen or written off.
Limited (Fire & Theft) covers you for accidental loss or damage to a vehicle, including third party, but only applies if the loss or damage is a result of an explosion, fire, lightning, theft or attempted theft.
Third Party insurance offers cover for damage done to third party vehicles only.
Santam Car Insurance Contact Details
Tel: 0860 444 444
24/7 SOS claims and emergency line: 0860 505 911 / 011 853 6681